I love a good GIF. They are more than just a picture, they move in some way. There’s just something about them that is so fun. And I’m not alone, according to a 2019 article by Variety, more than 700 million GIF-lovers use GIPHY, a GIF search engine, to share more than 10 billion GIFs every day on the platform and other places where GIPHY is embedded. The truth is, we’re all so inundated with imagery throughout the day, that our brains need to see something different in order to be stimulated.
That’s where moving imagery comes in. Moving imagery includes the medium of video, but what if your audience doesn’t have the attention span to commit to watching a full video? GIFs can be a perfect way to harness the focus-grabbing nature of a video without the time commitment to your audience!
Here are just a few ways you can use GIFs as a powerful online marketing tool:
- Explain a concept, process, or how to use a product
- Draw attention to features of a product
- Capture the novel personality of your brand
- Festively celebrate a holiday
- Show the product in an environment to increase audience relatability
- Display your product in a more sensory way (makes food feel more tactile and real!)
The bottom line is that GIFs provide an opportunity to elevate the senses. They also add another layer of fun to your online marketing. If you’re looking to shake things up let’s talk about how we can create moving images that tell the story of who you are and what you do today!